Women’s Grievance Redressal Cell
Women’s Grievance Redressal Cell:
- The Cell will deal with the cases / complaints of sexual harassment and any other type of harassment of the female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the college.
- The Cell shall process all the individual complaints and take immediate suitable action.
- The Cell will provide assistance to the Faculty/Colleges for taking preventive steps in the matter of gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- The Principal will be the Chairman of the Cell and may appoint members of the cell.
- The Cell may form / review the guidelines / policy for redressal of the grievance as required from time to time, which may be in accordance with those issued by Supreme Court and Government Agencies.
- Any women employee or female student will have the right to lodge a complaint concerning sexual harassment against a male student or the employee of the institute by writing a letter or putting the complaint in the Principal’s office.
- The complaint will be afforded full confidentiality at this stage.
- After receiving the complaint, the chairman shall convene the meeting of the cell.
- The chairman will appoint investigation committee, Coordinator will convene the meetings.
- The investigation committee shall then decide the course of action to proceed.
- The complaint will stand dropped if in accordance to the committee the complaint has not been able to disclose prima-facie an offence of sexual harassment by complainer /her representative.
- In case the investigation committee decides to proceed with the complaint, the wishes of the complainer shall be ascertained and if the complainer wishes that a warning will suffice then alleged offender shall be called to the meeting of the committee, heard and if satisfied that a warning is just and proper, he will be warned about his behaviour and non-occurrence of it. In case the complainer requests that the complaint should be proceeded with beyond mere a warning, the same may be proceeded with in the manner prescribed hereafter.