Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC):
The objective of the cell is to assist the administration to sustain and enhance the quality of higher education imparted to the students in our institution by consistent innovative outlook in the departments of curriculum, teaching and learning, infrastructure, measures for students’ progression, governance and innovative programmes. To realize this objective the IQAC was constituted with the cell comprising of representatives from the Government, affiliating university, teaching staff, alumni, parents, society and students. An annual meeting to discuss the possibilities of improvement is taken. The decisions taken are implemented in the next session of the institute. The IQAC cell of the institute has designed a host of committees to decentralize the work and to incorporate the innovative ideas and organizing skills of every member of the institute. Following are the names of the committees run under IQAC cell of the college and their arena of work and purpose.
Aim of the IQAC
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Awareness to faculty about National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- Guidance to faculty to prepare lesson plans and log books.
- Review on progress of academic log books & Academic activities.
- Awareness to faculty and P.G. Students about research activity.
- Encouraging faculty and Students to publish/present papers in Journals/conferences.
- Review on progress of students projects (B. Pharmacy/M. Pharmacy)
- Industrial tours and training
- Review on progress of seminars/assignments
- Review on NSS/IPA/ISPOR/Alumni association/AAPS/Journal Club activities.
- Encouraging faculty and students for library visits.
- Review on progress of inter disciplinary actions.
- Feedback and review on feedback from Alumni/course students/Industrial experts
- Review on progress of students enrichment programme.
- Review on progress of Women’s cell/anti ragging cell/grievance cell.
- Encouraging and review on research projects of staff/students.
- Review on Research advisory meeting.
- Monitoring of Job cards/Lab maintenancerecords/Manuals.
IQAC evolving mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of evaluation procedures;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.